Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thicker Than Water (www.BravoTV.com)

The family show Thicker than Water is a show of this pastor and his blended family and if you ask me it is about how they are so rich due to their praises to God. Now God can make your richest dreams come true when you praise him, this I do believe is true but you have to remember that as a pastor you have to make sure your flock is taken care of as well. Having seminars to tell people how they can be rich like you is not helping your flock. This family really confuses me because their family is a big old hot mess, the wife Jewel judges her sisters and their life style, the husband Ben is very critical of his children and they have meeting to discuss what the family will do to continue their wealth. I am lost, what happen to having simple things and being happy with those things, don't get me wrong I would like to have wealth as anyone else but would this wealth include having like nine vehicles in the driveway when I can only drive one at a time or buying a airplane just because I can. I can not live my life buying these unnecessary things when I know that I may have family that may be going hungry or people in my congregation who can not get to work due to them unable to buy a vehicle. Everything that the Tankard's are doing represents greed to me and I just do not like it. Yes I seen Ben to explain his riches and said if he did not make it then he could not give it away, so he gave out some hundred dollar bills in church one day, but how often does he do this and what else does he do to make sure that his congregation is not suffering, this is what my mind begins to wonder. What about Jewel and so call prying in her sister's business because she is so worried about her sister and wants to know why she moved from a house to an apartment, why is Jewel so worried about what her sister is doing and not telling her, if she is going through something let her go through it and when she is ready to let you in she will. In my opinion Jewel makes it hard for her sister to come to her because she acts so self  righteous, I do not see this family really working hard to help others, and although you have to help yourself it may take a lot of hard work to help others and I do not see this family helping anyone but themselves. I see Jewel sister Janice working on something and I see her making it with her continued work for God, Jewel will have to wait for Janice to sit her down and tell her what she wants to know, now remember I said what Jewel wants to know. Now listening to the brother and sisters talk about Brooklyn and judging what she is doing is just crazy, and the brother wanting her to get out when he has a wife in his father house is just so off the wall. Why are the other children wondering where Brooklyn is getting her money and why are they so quick to judge, how in the house of a pastor does their be so many judgmental children. All this is leaving me to wondering does this household practice what their father preaches in his church, something is so wrong in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment