Saturday, November 30, 2013

Buying Alaska (@BuyAlaska)(twitter.com/DestAmerica)

I have never talked about this show but I really love this show and one reason why is because I think Alaska is a very beautiful place. I know most people think who would want to live in such a cold country, well the answer would be almost anyone. Watching this show you will learn a lot about Alaska and you will learn that although it does get very cold during winter months you do have a few months of very good spring weather that is absolutely beautiful and for someone like me it is definitely worth it. Alaska like some states have living areas that are in town and like most big states anything in town around the stores and shopping areas is of course expensive. But the piece of resistance is that when you look for a remote home out in Alaska wild it is really remote and you do not have to worry about any real neighborhood pest, something that appeals to me. I have to admit a lot of the housing that some of these clients are taken too have a lot to be desired, some of the homes I am shocked that the realtor even bother to sale, a big old mess and a lot of the plumbing is none existence as to outhouses, yes outhouses. But there are some houses that will remind you of mansion as well, all indoor plumbing, great master bedrooms, great designs and best of all you can tell some of the past owner really put thought into living in Alaska by having green houses, slanted roofs to keep snow falling on ground, garages and even having the houses placed on high ground in case of water rising water. Overall the show is great to watch and I love seeing people hunt for houses in Alaska especially if they have never lived in Alaska before. For those who have lived in Alaska cities and want to live in a remote areas for one reason or another is great also because most of these people know what they want and know what it will take to live out in the wilderness, especially with the real heavy snowfall Alaska gets. But I have to say a lot of these houses leave a lot to be desired and that is the real reason I like watching this show because I can not believe people actually lived in some of these houses with the nasty outhouses and some of the houses with no plumbing and you having to go out and fetch water is just a little old fashion for me. The best part for me is the heavy snowfall, I am a snow person, I love it and they even have what they call is fat bikes that stays on top of the snow, how awesome is that not to mention riding snow mobiles and even putting on skis to go to market. The thing about Alaska is no one seems to be judging anyone and all the people that lives there knows what some people have to go through to make it during the winter and this is understood. Eight months of winter would be fine with me as I am a person who with asthma the fresh clean air that snowfall provides is better than what the summer does to me and besides I love the wild life that Alaska have and enjoy watching it. Now if I ever hit it rich I see myself building my own luxury house in Alaska, with of course inside plumbing and no need to leave to go to the lower states unless to visit family every now and then. I see they have a new show coming out called buying Hawaii and although people call Hawaii and state that s paradise, I do not see it being as special as Alaska is, I will watch the show to compare it and see what this clients get out of it. I do know that Hawaii can be expensive so I see these houses costing way more than that of Alaska although Alaska houses price vary definitely depending on who is selling it. What I have been watching of Alaska cost on their houses it seems as if the seller can just set their own prices and after the realtor show the houses they can offer prices on what they can possibly do as far as price range, overall the prices of most of the Alaska houses I have watched being looked at is very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment