Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happpy Holidays 12-25-13

I wanted to wish all a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and  Happy Holidays. The meaning of Christmas we all have to say has been lost in some form of another. I was out there on Christmas Eve and the only reason is because I like just being out among people and because I had items to finish getting for my holiday dinner, I always find myself going out on the eve before Christmas, that is when I notice if I am missing anything. What I enjoy the most about going out is that I am a person that has a big family and one of my great memories is that of getting together with my large family and just having a great time. Now as I have grown older most of my family have moved or has gone on with their own personal family lives and we do not get together like we use to and I must say I really miss that. For me going out in the crowd on Christmas Eve is like having this big family get together that I miss. For all of us who are out there that day everyone seems to be in a festival mood, so you find strangers just speaking to you and talking about the holiday itself. It is almost like just because of this one day everyone finds this deep down friendly button within them that comes out. There are smiles everywhere you turn and people are just so helpful, I like being in this crowd of friendly people, unlike that of Black Friday. I find myself enjoy talking to strangers whom I never met and just the fact that they feel the need to trust telling me their own personal stories is a plus and I really enjoy listening to them. As much as I say we have gotten away from the meaning of Christmas, I still have to say I myself find the enjoy of being among people around and on this day. There is something that still stands special about this day that makes people want to be nicer to people on this day, and although I can not say exactly what it is, I am guessing that it has to do with people remembering that this day is Jesus birthday and because of this we are actually celebrating with family. When we celebrate with family we find a piece with ourselves, it is something special about that family bonding time and for most people Christmas allows for that real family bonding time. It is not about drinking, or getting drunk but it is about family being together talking and actually interacting. If a person lives out of town, the one day that will almost definitely come home is Christmas and that is so special for many of us of loves being around our families. So again I want say happy holidays to all my blogger family, you are just that a family to me and I love it when you read my blogs or interact with me on my blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment