Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Little People, Big World 12-17-13 (#LPBW)

Little People Big World had its season finale tonight but and it was rather interesting because both Matt and Amy feels after having raised their kids and has done as much as they can with the farm, they are at a crossroads of what do they do now. I have watch this show over the years and I will tell you these two little people has showed me more gut then any normal size person, taking on very over the top tasks and getting them done. I love the way the two of them instilled values and taught their children about the rights and wrongs of life as well as teaching them things parents are there to teach their children, like how to drive . This couple not only did a great job in raising their children they also ran a farm and believe you me farm is hard work, not to mention having a farm that they converted into a pumpkin patch every year and now a marriage venue, by the way they have one of the best places to have a marriage ceremony and reception and they go out of their way to make their customers feel very special. Now as far as this finale everyone including the children whom all but one are grown and have moved out was wondering how Matt and Amy will get along with the kids no longer in the house. Both Matt and Amy said they grew apart a while ago and never really spent anytime together. Matt was usually outside doing things on the farm as Amy spent time doing things around and in the home. When they both are in the house at the same time they said they are usually in different rooms. They both agree that they argue a lot and they both said that they can not take a trip together because they never agree on anything and Matt made the statement that he does not believe other couples go through this. Well Matt I am here to tell you that you are wrong. I know you and Amy have twenty five years of being together and me and my husband have twenty and it is the same. We do not really talk anymore and we are usually in separate rooms when we are in the house together. I began finding myself thinking like Amy as to regrets on how we got together and how fast was it and was it too fast, did we give ourselves enough time. I began thinking the years was great as we had the children in the house to occupy our time but now the house is lonely even when we are here together, we can not find anything in common to do and we go separate ways. We can not travel because we disagree on place to go and when we do we argue on the entire trip, there is no fun in what we do together. I understand Amy and Matt are at a crossroads and I know how it can be hard for couples after so many years. What I have come to believe is that the one thing that couples like me and my husband are missing in our lives is God, I believe we have to make sure we put God first and trust that if we follow God's path to the vows we made to one another than we will go in the right direction. We have to  have God in our life and I do not see Matt or Amy talk of God or how God is in their lives or relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment