Sunday, December 1, 2013

Red Alaska 11-30-13 (@ngadventure twitter feed)

Have anyone watch the new show Red Alaska. For you have not watch the show it is based on this small community in Alaska which is a made of mostly Russians which moved in some years back and basically they run this community themselves. What caught my eye about this show because I although I watch a few Alaskan shows, watching two was enough for me but upon glancing at this show I notice there was the visible globe in the background when one of the community person was talking and I was thinking to myself I have seen this tall gold globe before because it reminds me of something like a Muslim temple or something in India. I was curious as to where I seen this globe so I continue to watch the show hoping it would give me some clue and then it hit me after watching the people in the town and hearing them talk of Russia and how most of the men where sent to be ordained priest and I realized where I saw this globe at before, it was on Alaska State Troopers. Yes one of the state troopers had to go to this community due to some disturbance and he explain how tight nick this community was and how he had to watch his back because this entire community gets involved in everyone else affairs and they will have their friends back. I notice when this state trooper was going around all the men had beards and now I notice this about most of the community on Red Alaska, so now it makes since why they call it Red Alaska, the people that started this community came from some area of Russia and settled here and they apparently divided through the years because of religion, of course. Some of the men decided that their religion needed more guidance and hence some of the men being sent off to become ordained priest and they coming back to decide the woman should cover their heads and only where certain clothing, this village reminds me of one of those that the men want to rule and have the women be passive, now  understand why some of the people separated from the group, by the way they call this group the priest-less, saying they have no priest because they choose not to follow theirs. Wow religion is the cause of a lot of separations, especially if someone decides he wants to do something and see he has a few that will join him. One of the woman said that her father, his name is Nathan was the start of this particular religion and told her once she was married she had to cover her hair because only her husband was allowed to glance upon her hair, now I know this is practiced in many religion, I knew nothing of the Russian cultures but did not think they practiced this of course I could be wrong. This community survives on their fishing and if they can not fish they will not make it, but they have to put a lot of their money to help build this church with the gold globe as I call it and whatever they trying to do with this church, almost build it like a palace in a small community that is poor seems odd to me. I know one of the cast members George Martushev  is said to be a deadbeat dad by his ex-wife and owes 110,000 in child support, why not take of your children or do this community really not take care of their own once their is a split. This small town in Alaska known as Nikolaevsk, is based on a very old Russia traditions and they are trying to instill this tradition in their children that is why they do not like outsiders entering. Now I was glad to know that the Alaska State Troopers show apparently brought this small town to light and someone saw an opportunity for a show because for me after watching this episode of Alaska State Troopers I wanted to know more of this town and that gold globe and now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment