Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Storage Hunters 12-3-13 (@StorageHunters)

I was turning the channel last night and ran upon storage hunters, now I have watch this show in the beginning and had gotten away from it due to all the other programming I was trying to keep up with. Watching last night I forget how funny the show could be. Sean Kelly is a great auctioneer and he really knows how to disk out the jokes by naming these bidders different celebrities names who he thinks they look like. It is real hysterical because some of the name he give these bidders is on point, there was a really short guy that reminds me of a jockey that he called a munchkin and although it was cute, I would have called the man Mickey Rooney myself. These bidders remind my of storage wars of course but with just on a different scale, like East Coast and West Coast mentality. I would have to say I like Storage Hunters much better and did not realize how much I missed the show until watching it last night and laughing rather hard. Something I notice about the show was regulars like husband and wife team, Brandon and Lori Bernier and Jesse McClure seem to get the better bins. Now I do not want to judge the show and say that they are doing a little tampering, like the accusation made about Storage Wars, but it seems to me that it could be possible because it seems as if Brandon, Lori and Jesse knows exactly which bins to bid on and you can tell this because they go all the way out to bid on the bins and pay more than they usually would for a bin just because they say of a gut feeling. I enjoy watching people bid on bins but only if I know if the show is being truly fair about how it is done and do not tamper with who wins what bin. I do not know why the show feels why they have to entertain the idea of who wins what, I was wondering if this is because of who the fans say they like best so to keep these fans the show decides it will let those people win most of the best bins, now for me this is a cop out. Why give the advantage only to certain people just because some fans say they like them best, why not just let people do their on judgment like it is done in the beginning. I think it is nothing like when these shows are first aired and you get that first reaction when they are doing this bidding as a part of their lifestyle, it is something they doing to make money, it is not like during a few season when you are now making money from the show and it is not all about really bidding on the bins as it is playing a role for the show. Why can these show not leave everything like it is and let everyone have a fair chance at good bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment