Friday, December 6, 2013

Gypsy Sisters 12-5-13 (@GypsySisters)

Does anyone watch this Gypsy Sisters show. Well I have seen it but usually it was coming on during times of some of my favorite shows and I really did not see a need to even peek at this show because I do not know to much about the Gypsies other than what my mother told me as a child. Last night I had to free television air time and I decided to watch this show to see what it was about and they had these women all arguing among themselves and it turned into what was suppose to be a fight between a couple of the girls and turned into like a brawl in which a group of them started fighting. What was the worst of this is I found out that all these people are suppose to be family in some way. What I saw was a big old mess. This one lady, named Nattie, is suppose to be the matriarch and she looks rather old to me, had this other girl on the girl who looked half her age, I just want to know why is the old women fighting. There was a looking of screaming and each of them calling each others names back and forth and talking pure mess about one another. Each of the women talked of how they were claiming victory and I was so confused about who supposedly won and who did not because they both had little marks on them, not real fight other than a lot of hair pulling and biting. You could tell there were a lot of feelings hurts and this family is now divided according to some of them because of this fight. What I really was lost on was that some of the girls had a mother who just got out of prison after having served time for stealing information from people bank accounts and using this to withdraw money because of her gambling habits. Now listening to the daughters, this woman was so smart the FBI gave her immunity and let her get out early if she would tell them how she did this and they sound rather proud of this but I thought it was sad that they thought it was something to be proud of. Is it true about gypsies not caring about anyone but their own families because from what I watched on this show that is what it seems like, now I know why people do not trust gypsy people. I do have to say this show had a positive side to it and that was Mellie, she is very shy and passive and she does not act like the rest of them and they act like there is something wrong with this and again my questions is why. Why would they not approve of Mellie being different and trying to make a more positive lifestyle for herself. Well my opinion on this show was not one of high regards and can I say that I will be watching this show again, that I am not sure. On one hand I want to try and understand the family more and see what is really going on but on the other hand I am seeing them as a group of real messy people. Only time will tell if I watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment