Sunday, November 24, 2013

Breaking the Faith 11-24-13(#BreakingTheFaith)

I watched TLC's Breaking the Faith last night and I must say I have learn a lot about the FLDS in the short period of time. The FLDS is nothing but a cult and the organization is just controlling people lives, the way they dress, what they eat, who they marry and even the way they think, who does this but a cult. I was glad that these young men are trying to help women that are choosing to get out, helping them go. The women that are choosing to leave are brave as well, they know that they will have to leave everything they know behind and take this leap of faith to go, especially since these women have had it drilled into their heads since they were children that if they leave the FLDS they are doomed to damnation. Now why would something like the FLDS that say they are not a cult and that they do not control their people, not let their people leave if they just want to. Why do they have what they call a God's police to patrol the area and report if they see anyone doing wrong or to even stop people physically from leaving. Wow this compound that claim they are followers of God, are just really keeping these people from the outside world and these older men are marrying girls that are practically little children. Warren Jeff so call marrying a twelve year old girl, is to me just an old man being a very dirty old man. These old men who in my opinion are sick that want to sleep with these very young girls somehow have this perverted way of thinking and I can not believe these grown women who have young girls actually do not feel guilty about letting their young girls marry these older men when they know what goes on. If I was a woman who was raise in this faith not by choice would hope that I would have sense enough to know how I knew something was wrong with the way I was raised would want to make sure my daughter did not endure the same thing, and if I could not leave I would help my daughter get out. I know I say this because I am on the outside but I still would have to believe that as a mother and knowing that my child could get out I would hope that the mother instinct would kick in and tell me to get my child out of this messed up situation. Last night show was an eye opener and it was just ending with the guys picking up the ladies so there is still a lot to be told and I am waiting on the future episodes in which we get to see how each of these women will handle being on the outside and which ones will stay on the outside and which ones will go back. Oh yes we know some of these women will  possibly cave in and want to go back, maybe because of the urge to see their family again. I am hoping that most of them stay and make it and go around to tell their stories because I am one of those people that think the government should get more involved in what is going on in these compounds because if you ask me a lot of people are being held against their will. I think their should be a choice and these compounds are not allowing for choices. I think if someone could get a bunch of he kids alone and ask them questions without any of the grown up around these kids will them a lot of things that may be shocking. FDLS compounds need to be investigated, can not someone go in undercover to help divulge what is really going on,  know it will possible have to be a past FDLS member who acts as though they are coming back home to stay but then they could take pictures, record conversation and maybe put in hidden cameras all over the compound. I can not wait for future episodes, I am personally betting on Connie it is something about her that I think she will go all the way and make it in the world, she seems to really want to separate herself from the compound itself but only time will tell and we will she which of these ladies really do make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment