Friday, November 22, 2013

Bonnie & Clyde the mini series(#BonnieAndClyde)

I am so glad that A&E and Lifetime are doing a mini series on Bonnie and Clyde. What I really hopeful is that this series will include the entire truth. The reason I say this is because I seen a documentary of the two on the history channel and I finally got a better look into the two lives. A friend of Clyde's sister in-law was given this journal that she wrote and now a lot of the truth about their on the run escapade is now known. Discovery also went into more detail about Clyde and how he became the person he was, a lot of this was do from his stint in prison, one of the toughest at the time in Texas. Clyde was very young when he entered prison and you can imagine what happen to this young man. I am hoping the truth will be in this mini series, including his stint in prison and what a young man of his age had to endure. I also did not realize how short Bonnie and Clyde both were, their height was never reviled to me until this documentary, it almost had me believing that maybe this was why they were able to duck a lot of the bullets shot at them, they really could duck low and back then I am almost sure that most people were thinking aim high when shooting, okay just my little short joke there, I am short. Although short people can get out of most situation tall people can not. I hope the actors do this mini series justice, I know of Emile Hirsch who is a great actor but know nothing of Holliday Grainger who I am hoping is as equally great. Bonnie and Clyde needs to be told in all the truth and not half truths. I am hoping this mini series will be really in depth and help us get a better picture of what happen. After looking at the documentary on the History channel I feel that I have a better understand of the two and I hope this mini series helps other to understand as well. I myself will be judging the series based on what I saw in the documentary. One thing I would like to know more about is why did the law enforcement feel that they had to shoot that many times into the car, although I know Bonnie and Clyde got a way a few times, it is still not understood to me why so many times, then again during that time law enforcement did not have to explain their actions as much as they have to do today to the public. Anyway I am eagerly awaiting this mini series and I am hoping it will not disappoint me, of course I will have to write what I thought on the series rather it be good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment