Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Amazing Race (11-3-13)#AmazingRace

I am fan of Amazing Race as some of you who have read my blogs know. One of the biggest reason that I really enjoy Amazing Race is because it is one of the few television game shows that I have always enjoyed and that to me was not fixed. Amazing race is about teams which are in twos that take on the task of running around the world and doing these different challenges assigned to them in each country until they reach a pit stop for that leg of the race. What is really great is that everyone has a fair chance, is given the same clue and has to use their own abilities to defeat these challenges. Yes this couples have to take their knowledge or lack of knowledge and try to figure out how they will get through a country in which most of teams do not even speak the language and through all the years I have been watching this show it has never disappointed in its ability to entertain, its fairness and its all right great challenges they have the contestants to take on. Now after all these years and respecting the show for its integrity I have to say after Sunday's night episode I am starting to believe that the show is actually using tactics to cheat for team Timothy and Reebs. For you who do not know who Timothy and Reeb, they are the team that is made up of two exes, the use to date but now are just friends and decided that they were good enough to team up and win the million dollar prize at any cost. Now Timothy is a little laid back and he does not say much but Reeb is the total opposite in that she is a loud mouth and she will do anything to win this game, including begging others to help them solve clues. Now all the time I have been watching this show I have never saw anyone beg like Reebs beg for other team members to help them solve clues and then she says that it is a game in she is in it to win the money no matter what it takes but actually expects the other teams members to give her clues, what an a**. Reeb has made enemy of a few other teams because of her attitude and at first I thought that her and her ex were the two luckiest people I  had ever seen but then I realize or so it may just be in my eyes that they were getting a lot of unexpected help. What I mean by this is that Reeb who is very bold and does not mind asking people to help her, will look at other people who are performing challenges to see what they are doing, or sneak a peak at what they have set up to get a clue or even listen to other people clues. Now having watch the amazing race as long as I have I have never seen any other contestant do as much sneaking as Reeb is doing and what makes it sort of funny is that she makes comments to say there is no rule that say we can not do that. I never during all the races I have watch heard of any of the teams talk of rules but you do know that there are some rules in place and some of the rules become apparent when the Phil lets a team know something they did or did no do and I have seen some very odd things done by Timothy and Reeb that leads me to believe that they are getting help. In my opinion Reeb and Timothy has become the team that everyone really hates or either love and so they are getting ratings for the show and the show has decided they want to keep these two towards the end to keep up the ratings. If anyone saw the Sunday night show when Tim and Reeb was going through the maze, now there were a few teams that went through the maze before those two and there was never anyone else in the made to guide them through but when Tim and Reeb got there, some how there were kids in the center to guide Tim and Reeb in the right direction, where in the hell did these kids come from and where were they when the other teams came through and the team that was right behind Tim and Reeb went through again the kids were gone, there is something fishy going on. This really made me think and I started going back on earlier episodes and thought about on most of the runs Timothy and Reeb had help in one way or another, they were either approached by strangers or found someone who knew everything they needed to know and it hit me they are being helped by the show because know one is that lucky or receive that much help, especially someone like Reeb who has one of the ugliest attitude of anyone on the show. Now it has me curious and ready for the next episode because I want to see what help they get the next time. Timothy and Reeb can almost never solve a clue on their own or figure anything out unless they get help and they just magically get that help each and every time. The show that I had so much faith in being fair and honest by just letting people use their own abilities to win a million dollars has proven me wrong again, you really can not trust any of these reality shows and that the producer is not behind the scenes making that decision on who should win the game after all, or giving a boost to the fans favorite. All I can say to this if this is really what is happening is, very disappointing and if I was asked what was a reality game show that I truly believed was true to being fair and to think I would have said the Amazing Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment