Thursday, November 7, 2013

Extreme Couponing

I know of people cutting coupons and saving all this money and I have always wanted to do this but just do not have the time or patience to do what these people do to get these coupons and understand all the aspects and rules to using these coupons. I just do have never had that time to dedicate to doing things like this, although  am the type of person that when I get started on something I do not stop until I have accomplished everything I set out to do. Now back to these extreme couponing, I love the show and I really like seeing how a lot of the woman with large families learn to beat the economy and feeding their families using these coupons to cut their grocery bills by more than half its price. Now the government could use these woman to help them budget the United States economy. Most of the time we have people in charge with all this education and degrees but if you never had to really scramble to make it in life or had to really budget to feed make sure your children could eat then you do not really have that understand of what it really takes to make this happen and how hard it really is for people in the world today. Anyway back to this show, I am loving how these family began working together once they understand how important it is in saving money and the children even chip in to help the parents go around and find the items in the store, these woman and men have my up most respect with what they are doing and I wish that I had the patience to do this as well, but because I do not I guess I will be paying full price for groceries. It is important for all us to understand budgeting to run our family income and watching these family do what they do with the couponing helps us to understand that these family know how important it is to budget. I am not sure if the high schools are teaching the young teenagers about this but this is one area I think all young teenagers should learn before going into the world and it should be made clear to them that with United States economy today, it is even more for them to understand the meaning of money and saving. I have found myself explaining to my young teenagers why it is important to value money and not just buy things because you have it. I explained to them when they got jobs that what bills that we had to pay and I gave them each a bill, be it a small bill to pay each month so they would have to understand what me and their father go through month after month. This lesson at home has made me confident that my children understand the handling of money, my oldest always make sure she pays her bills first and she knows that what she have left over she splits into a saving. She has the understand that if she wants to do a vacation she can go with us on vacation and we split the cost, it works out great. That is something else families can do they can go of vacation trip with other family members and split the cost, it saves them money in the long run. We as Americans can save if we want to, we have to understand that there are others in the same situation as they are and it is nothing embarrassing about sharing cost on things like vacations or parties, say if you want to throw kids parties together and split the cost, why not. Americans are learning to do what most countries already do and that is they work together to help each other survive. I know we always like to show in America to say to your families or neighbor, look what I have that you do not have, but I do not understand why this matters in our society, why is having more than your neighbor is so import. Lets do like the coupon clippers and show how we can save more than our neighbors makes your special. If a person shows me how much money they save then I am impressed and want to know how they did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment