Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ever Had One of Those Days

Here  I am lying up in bed with a twisted ankle, which I did this morning on my way to work on a damp and wet day outside. I was walking very slowly in a pair of clogs, which I had consider were slip proof but I learned were not as I hit the ground before I knew it. I was more embarrassed because I was struggling to get up from the ground as quickly as possible covered in mud. Well I continued to work thinking I was more embarrassed than anything and I did not feel a bit of pain until later on that day when it hit me and my ankle began to swell and I literally could not walk across the floor to do my job. I left work and went to an emergency care facility only to find out there was no real damage just a sprang, but the doctor said I should stay off that foot for at least two days. Well now here I am in bed watching the show the talk and trying to really find something that will really catch my interest because I am no longer a talk fan as I have grown to not like the show as I did in the beginning. The women are great but for some reason they are not my cup of tea. I try to watch it thinking maybe it was just that particular day but each time I watch it I find that I am still not interested in it. The main thing that has turned me off is Sheryl Underwoood. At one time I was a big Sheryl fan but she has turned me off during this show and everything she does that is suppose to be funny has turned me off. She made a big statement today, saying that black people do not tip and this is so not true. Black people had to struggle all their lives and knows what it mean to have to work hard for your money, so if we have the extra money to give, we a most likely to go out of our way to over tip and really that the waiter that waited on us. Sherly makes these kind of comments all the time at the expense of black people and quite frankly I am tired of her. Now moving on from Sherly I continue to lay in bed with my foot all wrapped up and crutches that stand in front of me and I wonder how have I gotten to this point because I have never had to lay up in bed due to a fall or broken leg or broken anything, so why do I have to depend on someone to help me get around. I had to get help out of my job to get into my car, I had to have a nurse wheel me into emergency and I had to get a shoulder to lean on to get in my house, up my stairs and in my room. Now I am considering rubbing icy hot on my ankle which will bring back that memory of me as a child, who when my grandmother came to visit she had to bunk with me and she would rub this god awful smelling ointment on her which I found out later to be Bengay. Now I will be smelling like my grandmother and trying to figure out how did I get to this point and how did it creep up on me so fast. Well I will continue to channel surf and try to find something that will spark my interest or I could turn to good old reliable, TCM(Turner Classic Movies), the good old classics. I love the TCM channel because it never let me down and I always find something that sparks my interest and I am always learning something new about and old movie made new or an actor on the screen. Some of these actors lead very interesting lives and I love the part when the host give details in which they tell little of the actors in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment