Thursday, August 8, 2013

Say Yes To The Dress(I Am Not In)

Okay my daughter loves this show "Say Yes To the Dress" and I have yet to understand why, but then it came to me that young girls who dream of their wedding day one day would really enjoy a show like this and those who are currently planning a wedding. I think that the excitement of getting married for any women would make this show of some interest. I watched the show a few times because I listen to my daughter talk of the show over and over again and then I listen to a co-worker of mine say how she loved the show as well but I just did not get it. I watched the show and all I see is these women looking for what they call the "it dress" for them that would set their wedding day off. You have these wedding consultants running around the shop trying to find dresses for these women to try on that are to their specifications. I listen to the consultants to ask the bride to be what are they looking for and what is their budget, now this budget is a big deal because it can be the line between rather or not this woman can get the dress she wants, but something I notice is they almost always have great dresses within these women budget and the women almost always find a dress they want that fits their budget. So what is the excitement about the show, that is just it I do not know. Each women get to try on a few different dresses that they think they may like, they prance in front of their relatives who then tells them rather they do or do not like the dress and it the end it is the woman's decision on rather she will say yes to the dress. No real big drama for this show, other than sometimes the bride to be may come into the shop with family members that have totally different taste then they do or their is some sort of cultural clash, but like I said in the end the ultimate decision is that of the bride to be and these consultants are their to let the bride know this and to help them in getting what they want. I understand that my daughter is young and why this is exciting for her because my baby does look for the day when she will wed and she like most girl dreams of the great wedding in which she will get to go out and pick out that perfect dress for her. Now as for my co-worker, she is a 55 year old woman who has been married twice already and divorced twice, so there is no understanding to me as to why she would enjoy the show as much as my daughter would. I myself am married and I guess because I did not believe in the big hype of this glamorous dress and big wedding, I can not understand why others are so hyped about a show of women picking out wedding gowns. I am some years younger than my co-worker so I do not understand her excitement other than I am not that big on glamour, especially since I am married already and maybe my co-worker is because she is not married and which to get married again, this time she wants to do the big say yes to the dress and huge wedding ceremony with it since she advise me she did not have this with her other two weddings. I guess it is what they say " a women can dream" and for a lot of women that watch this so it is a big dream for them to one day have the wedding of their dreams and to go dress shopping for that perfect dress. I myself even if I renewed my vows with my husband would have to keep it plain and simple and although I notice some of these women that come in the shop were just doing that, making plans to renew their vows, were doing it up big and picking out these white wedding dresses. I would not choose a big white wedding dress to renew my vows in,  would pick a color like a silver glam dress or some other color, but not white and definitely not big. Why would any married woman want a huge white wedding dress and I know you all will say the same thing, this is because they want to get what they did no have when they first got married, but that is just it for me why try to get something that you lost years ago, why live in the past because you can live in the future. I think women that renew their vows should focus on the present and decide what the really should have as a wedding renewal, not something like you are planning a wedding for the first time when you are already married, that is just my opinion. I am keeping a open opinion and even have continue to watch the show and so a really great story line the other day in which the women had cancer and was not given much time to live, the women was going to chemo-therapy so she head was bald but she rocked that bald head with her dress and the wedding pictures were gorgeous. What I was not expecting was that the women would die some time later after her wedding, so sad but such a beautiful storyline in which we got to she her shine in her dress and on her wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment