Friday, August 9, 2013

The movie "Mud"

I know I don't usually write about movies but I have to tell of what I thought of this particular movie (Mud) that Matthew McConaughey acted in. Now the movie was a little strange to me and it lost me in the beginning because I was not sure what direction the movie was going. After watching the entire movie too the end I understood what the movie was all about, it was all about how men from the age on young boys relate to women. After finding out what one of the main character who was named Mud was really hiding I started understanding in what direction this movie was taking on. It was taking on a man who really loved a woman, even from a very young age how this woman treated this man shaped who this man became to be. The entire movie for me began focusing on female and male relationships, and how some guys when they are young view a female. I did not think the movie is for everyone but I do think the movie does help open your eyes to certain situations. I really did not like the way the movie portrayed women as little flirts who turn on men only to led them on. The situation the character Mud played was that was scorned over and over again by the same movie and his friend a young guy named Ellis who seemed to be heading in the same direction as Mud because he has fallen in love with the young female overnight. I first have to say not all women led on men, not all women think men are their pawn to move and use as they wish. From this movie I notice that most of these women were like little redneck hicks who lived in this little redneck hick town. Most guys who grow up in little redneck town only know what with they grew up with and that is how to work hard to make a living and to fall in love with some local redneck girl from town who seems to be wholesome. This movie had a good sense of family and friends but it had a horrible outlook on a male and female relationship because throughout the movie you do not once see a relationship that has a meaning for any of the characters. In my world real life relationship do have their mishaps but there are relationships that has substance. Men and women when they really learn to relate and appreciate each other, with that real strength of God as the glue to hold their marriage together knows how important it is for that person, who is your better half, to be by your side. Real relationships do not cause a person trouble to the point you are killing someone for another person. It is also important to know that not all people from little redneck hick towns live the way all of these characters did. You may have some people from these little town in this situation and that what does catch your attention a little. I like the way that some people lived in the riverboat houses and the land was their shopping cart. There was also neckbone who was Ellis friend and although he did not have his parents around, lived in a trailer park with a uncle that I would have to say I admire because he raised a child that was not his own and not only did he take care of the child, he cared for the child, of course this was one of my favorite parts, the relationship between neckbone and his uncle. Mud for me was a lonely man trying to really find his way and I really like the portrayal of Matthew in this movie, in fact Matthew is one of my favorite actors and I do not feel that he get as much respect as he deserves in the acting world. Matthew McConaughey is one of those characters that I think can play any part and I have always thought he would make a great batman. Anyway the movie was a little long but through it all it had a great ending and a very profound meaning that related to relationships between men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment