Sunday, August 18, 2013

Porter Ridge(What Do you Think)

Has anyone watched the new show Porter Ridge, they are saying that this is the next Duck Dynasty. I have watched but do not agree with it being that next Duck Dynasty, at least not with what I have seen so far. Yes these guys are down home country people who leave a simple life and barter for a lot of their items and to do business deals, but what the show is missing for me is true reality. I watch it and did like some of the people like Mr. Porter himself, he seems to be a little short on education, which is no big deal when you live like these people do but you don't want to be cheated by your competition and just what seems to happens to him for  the lack of knowledge. Education may not be big on the ridge but you do need that knowledge. A lot of the show seems to be just an act and the cast seemed to be putting on an act as to make the show a success, although I do not doubt the guy who owns the bear, I just think he is plain crazy. Bears are dangerous no matter what environment you are in and anyone who choose to live and train bears will soon meet what I call their demise if they continue on this path. Now I did not say I dislike the bear, the bear is cute and a good part of the entertainment but to live with an animal like he is human is a little crazy thinking to me. Well anyway I will continue to watch the show just to she what how it continue on, it may be more to this show than I am realizing and I may grow to understand the cast and animal more as the show goes on. For now I am doubtful and I do not see it being a Duck Dynasty at all, other than they trying to work at copying the Duck Dynasty legacy, certain things you can not fake and the Duck Dynasty family was not faking it when they were aired, they were just being themselves. I know some people watch a show and realize how others are making money off it and they say to themselves, we are as just as good as them and we have as much laugh and our family is as down to earth and funny as they are, so they think they can do a show. Okay Porters I am giving you a chance and I will keep watching, all I ask is you be yourselves not the Robertson and do you and maybe your own spin will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment