Sunday, July 21, 2013

This Goes out to All the Mothers

I do not know why I did not put out mother day shout to mothers on mother day and I was totally wrong for not doing this. I have found myself sitting alone a lot lately and this have given my plenty of time to think and in all my time to think, my mother has popped up constantly in my head. My mom was my everything and I do mean my everything. I remember me hating to have my mother leave my side as a little child and as she would go and my older sister would take me back into the house, I would always look back and say to my mom "see you later alligator" and she would say "after while my precious child' and that would hold me until she returned home. As I grew up I would go everywhere with my mother and I mean everywhere because I just enjoyed being with her. As I grew older and actually moved out, it was not  day I either visited my mother or was talking to her on the phone. I was mostly over her house and would stay occasionally. Needless to say my mother ended up babysitting my children and we both would go places together on my days off and the children was by our sides. My children got to experience the love of my mother as well and they really enjoyed their grandmother. My mother knew each and everyone of my children needs better than I did. When my mother became ill it was hard and I found myself not knowing what to do, I thought I could handle anything but her illness threw me for a loop and I did not know how to handle it. My sister and brother stepped in and eventually my mother died and I fell apart, my children broke down and it was a mess on my part because I felt I did not handle things like I should have. I thought about the things I fell to do for my mother and started to think I could have did so much more. So for any child out there who has mothers who have gotten up in age, don't think they are just old and senile, think to yourself have I really did enough to fulfill this women life as she did mines. Have I made my mother comfortable and did every possible thing within my means to make sure her last days are good. Take her out to eat now an then, take her on a vacation, something she would like, or just do something she would really, really like. Think about how you have plenty of time to do things you like, so there is no reason you should not take the time to spend and talk with your mother. Make her laugh by telling things you appreciated she did for you in your childhood and for those who have these issues with their mother, is it really worth it. Think about her age and what would you do if she die, and if it is something you can just let go, than do so let it go and talk to your mother. It is true that as the older get older they get wiser, now I did not say they get smarter, just wiser. Wiser means they will understand it if you come to them, say you forgive them and just start talking. You might be surprise, they might have a lot to say to you as well. Most mothers are mothers and they will do whatever it takes to provide for their children, especially if they know they have to eat. We love our mothers for their sacrifices and a lot of time these sacrifices might have even almost meant death, think about it. I wish I could talk to my mother, it is not a day when I do not wish I could pick up the phone and say hello. The last time I talked to my mother was when she was on a machine in a hospital bed and she was actually in a coma, I said "see you later alligator" but there was not after while my precious child.

No comments:

Post a Comment