Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sister Wives(Two Thumbs Up)

Judge if you want but I am a big fan of the show "sister wives". I began watching the show because I am not one to judge until I actually watch something first, so when the show first came on, I said that said interesting and I decided I would watch to see how it actual works for a man and four wives. As I began learning about Cody and his three wives at the time, I began understand that they lived as we did but he just had three women to down with instead of one and a whole lot of children. They all lived under one roof and the way the house was built at the time I thought was neat. Each woman had their own space but at the same time was under the same roof, they took care each others children and they helped each other cooked. When I first listen to Cody talk, I thought to myself this is just a man trying to have his cake and eat it too, but after learning about Cody and his immediate family I found he grew up in this life style. His parents raise Cody in this same life style and this is what he knew. I began listening to the children and understood that they were like any other kids but they had multiple mothers, the kids went to school with children who were growing up just like them with multiple mothers, so they had others who knew what they were going through. The family are Mormons and actually real religious people. As I continue to watch the show I was shocked when they took of a possible fourth wife and thought now Cody is getting crazy, but realized that Cody's first wife, who is my personal favorite, Meridith suggested that Cody take Robin in as a wife. That is correct Merry pushed Cody and Robin together and she actually became very close friends with Robin. I was more shocked when the other two wives became jealous of Robin and began to understand that these women are just like us they get jealous, they argue and they do have their issues. I really wanted to see how Cody worked out his sleeping arrangement, but after watching the show, I notice that each women are satisfied with their time and he just take turns with each one. I notice that Meridith, who is Cody's first and in the eye of the law, his only real wife, is a very given woman. Meridith had to be giving because she has shared her husband three times, and be a part of each ceremony. One season I notice they began focusing on their children and I really like this because I listen to the children talk and understand that these children have a mind of their own and they get to choose rather or not they will live this life style and they know that they have this choice. Most of the ones who are teenagers now said they will not live this life style, although they lover their multiple mothers and multiple siblings, they know it is not the life for them. I really have fallen in love with this family and have grown to really like Cody because he his a man stuck between four women and he handles things the best a man with four wives can, he sits back and listen. You can see that the years has taken their tool on Cody, and I guess so because he has the worries of making sure his wives and children are clothed and feed. My biggest thing is the women cooking, these women can cook and I would love to go over their house and eat, these women through down. I enjoy the show, it brings a new light on relationships and how some people think. The Browns has brought to light another Polygamy family and this man has three wives, but he seems more controlling over his wives than Cody. I like the way Cody treats his wives and how they speak their on minds and tell what they are feeling and they put in their own opinions. This other family seems more like a machine and I don't have as much respect for this family in which the husband runs everything. Well I will continue watching sister wives and I hope they have plenty more series ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment