Sunday, July 21, 2013

"Conjuring" is it a good or bad thing

Okay I know a lot of people freaking out about the movie "Conjuring" and I do not know if this is a good thing for the movie itself because of their fear a lot of people saying they will not go see the movie. Now the advertising is great but I believe they showed to much, driving a lot of people who have certain fears to say they would not go and see it. The people talk about how long it took to make this movie and why it took the family so long to come forward with it because they did not think the world could handle it. Now I do not know if this was just publicity to get people hyped about the movie or what, but what I do know if it is they may have overdone their jobs because some people are to scared to actually go see the movie. Now I am a person who loves horror movie so something like the advertising of the "Conjuring" only hypes up my excitement to want to go see it, if only I can get my daughter to see it with me. She is one of those persons that she was all hyped to go see it but after hearing other people talk about it and seeing more and more of the commercials she back out on me. I told my daughter that it will be alright and I think a lot of it was just made to hype the movie up. I am a person who grew up with some spirits in our house with a child and it never really bother me or my sister, but it use to freak our mother out. We lived in a very old confederate house that actually had underground railroad secret area for hiding out slaves who were trying to flee the South, pretty neat. Me and my sister and brother would explore and we always had strange things going on in our house but in never really bother us, except for my brother did not like sleeping in his huge room alone at night, so me and my sister would have to play with him until he fell asleep. If we every were leaving the house my mother would always do what we call a lot down, we had to go around the house and lot down the huge windows and make sure the doors were very secure, but every time we came home it was too unlocked doors and wide open windows with curtains swaying, very creepy right. I remember having something attack me to the point I jumped from my room into my mother room off the top of my bunk bed, I was very sore later on that morning and my mother asked what happen and I told her that all I remember was I felt as if someone was trying to hold me down and I was fighting to get them off me, and I finally got them off me and fled and that was in mid flight, creepy again right. Well one time my mom had a wine up music box and you had to physically pick the box up and wine it up from the bottom to make it play. Well one early morning the box went off my mother jumped from her bed and I was standing there over her and see began fussing at me asking why did I make the music box go off and I told her I did not do it, so she ask why was I just standing there and I told her I did not remember walking into her room, again real creepy right. Well this music box went off a few times after that and I was not in the room, my mother had had enough and finally moved. I enjoyed the house myself, even with our strange happens, I did not even get into how every night, I had to stop my sister who eyes were widely open, from trying to go out the door at night. Me and my sister slept in the same room and the same time every night she would get up and go to the front door to unlock it, I would have to stop her and I would ask her where she was going and she would say, I have to go, I just have to go, well needless to say I would have to lead her back toward her bed, good thing I was a light sleeper. I began thinking this was a job for me. Well after moving into a brand new house we never had these happenings again and it really pleased my mother but me and my siblings talked about how we actually missed the old house and the strange happenings, it kind of had its own personality. I guess we had our own Conjuring we could have written about, because there was a lot more to this story. But thing about stories like these and the movie is it is enough to scare some people away from it and I was wondering was the movie the "Conjuring" doing itself a good or bad thing by advertising so much and telling of this history of the movie to get people to look at it when it is backfiring and running people away from watching it. Some people think spirits are like demons and if you open to it you are letting the demons in your house. I was getting my hair done in the beauty parlor and this is how the entire conversation started, I was telling my beautician that me and my daughter was going to see the movie and see automatically said, I can not look at movies like that and the other beauticians asked her what movie and it sparked a conversation in the salon that I thought would never end. Women began talking about experiences they had in houses they lived and about experiences they had in their churches, it went on and on. After getting back home I told my daughter about some of the stories that were really freaky and she began saying I don't think I want to see the movie, you just freaked me out. I said they are just stories and it was other peoples opinion, but she said it only added to the advertisement she seen done on the movie and now she is really afraid of seeing it. I can not get her to go no matter what I say, it is like the conversation on the "Conjuring" has caused a backlash of people bringing up their on memories of scary encounters and now they don't want to see the movie for fear of their own encounters reoccurring, freaky right.

No comments:

Post a Comment