Monday, September 30, 2013

Amazing Race Is Back(9-29-13)

Does anyone watch the show Amazing Race? Well it was back on last night and this show is one of my favorites and I could not believe how many people and co-workers told me that they do not watch the show. I really like the way these paired up teams have to race around the world and find these clues left by the show in various spot in these country and do these sometimes crazy task to get the next clue so that they can end up at their final destination for that day and the last team to check in that final destination maybe eliminated. What they mean by may be eliminated is that on some of these journeys there will be races in which there will be not elimination and the teams will not know that until they come across that mat at the end of that race where the host will let them know rather they have been eliminated or are safe. What they do if they are safe is they take all their money and they have to raise money on their own to continue the next race or they may have to do a road block, it is real interesting. It is also great to see how these people fight hard to get through these tasks, some of these people really do some amazing things, I have seen a lady beg a airport manager to convince a plane to turn around before taking off so that they could get on it and they did. People are capable of doing anything if they put their minds to it. I also like to see how some scramble to get from one task to another, especially with the language barrier that they have when they go through these foreign countries. There was one team in which one of the person talked real bad about the people country while in a cab and the taxi driver understood English and she did no know that, her partner was trying to shut her up and she said he don't know what I am saying, wrong answer. This cab driver took his time taking them to their next task and when she began hollering at the man he made them get out, it was funny. Some people are so use to how in the United States they can treat people with so much disrespect and it is allowed they forget that they can not go to other countries and do this and expect not to be treated badly back. The Amazing Race is a great learning show I think and I always encourage my daughter to watch it and I teach her on things that we she happen on the show that happens in these countries and explain to her why it happen. I can not believe that there are still people who have not watch this show. If I was brave enough I would get off this couch and team up with my husband to race around the world, but I fear that we may not do well as one of us may end up throwing the other in one of those ocean somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment