Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sister Wives (9-15-13)

There is always the fear of getting in front of people especially when you have to defend yourself about a choice you made. I really felt for the women and Cody tonight when they sat on this panel to answer possible questions people had about their lifestyles and it almost turned into a brawl with the other guest who were on the panel and were against polygamy marriage. What really made it bad was one of the women on the panel that was against polygamy marriage was Christine's aunt and she really talked bad about the lifestyle and anyone who choose to live in it. I was shocked because I was not expecting so much negative feedback, especially from people who have been in this lifestyle. I know there have been bad situations and believe you me I hate hearing of those situations in which the men marry some of the girls at such young ages. But I do not see Cody and his wives as these type of people, they are totally different and that what makes me like the show so much. I may have said negative things when it comes to some of the women and the way they act but what really makes me like the show so much is that the women are their own individuals and they think for themselves and they raise their children to think for themselves. I like the way Cody and his wives have given their children such a great outlook on life that the children are so well rounded that they do not judge others and they thank others for their opinions. Did anyone notice that at the end of the panel discussion that the some of Cody's children, the teenagers were in the audience and although you knew they were upset about what was being said of their parents lifestyle, they still at the end shook the other panelist hands and thanked them. I think it should not have been a discussion in which it was the Brown's against the other panelist but more questions from the audience, although some people like that one woman in the audience swear that the women were all looking at Cody for answers, which I did not see that at all. I think some people just see what they want to see and I did not agree with all polygamist lifestyle as being unhappy. After watching the Brown's over these years I have grown to understand them and to respect them and I am so glad that I was a open minded person as to take the time to watch the show because if I was not I would have missed a great program. The show has brought a lot of insight into my life and now I find myself defending them to my friends. Good luck Browns and yes I hope your show have more seasons to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment