Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Preachers Of L.A.

Does anyone watch that new reality show called Preachers of L.A. Now as far as this goes for a reality show and from what I have seen of the show, it in my opinion is a big old hot mess and yes I used a Wendy Williams phrase. Now as for me I thought I would see what preachers do in their everyday life of helping people within and outside of the congregation, but for the sake of God, this show takes you in another direction. Now one of the young preachers said I am a man and I am just as human as any other man but believe you me there is a reason they call the term "man of God". When you are a man of God you speak for God in the words that he has left you to speak to his people and you are that person that all is suppose to be able to come to for advice and you suppose to be that follower that people can walk in the path of. When you are a preacher and you worship money than you are representing sin, doing the lords work has nothing to do with you getting yours and making that almighty dollar bill. You as a preacher are in church to give the word, comfort to those in need, and help with that power of God behind you. I see nothing in the bible that said you as a preacher to be a pimp in the pulpit. Yes a pimp in the pulpit, that is what some of these men are representing and I am ashamed to even admit I have watched this show. I love God and I know that if God wants me to be rich he will do it without me robbing others to do it. I go to little family church in my county and my preacher drivers a regular vehicle nothing fancy, he wears suit sometimes but comes in just pans and shirt at times and he is just there for us. I have always been afraid of those big fancy churches and watching this show is one reason why because it leads me to believe the pastors that preach at these churches are all about money. I am glad to go to my small family church that doors are always open to anyone and everyone are encourage to come as they are. We are not looked at because we don't drive fancy cars, or wear fancy clothes, we are a close knit family who hug one another each Sunday when we meet up. What else can I say about this Preachers of L.A. show but, I am not feeling it at all and I find myself apologizing to God in my prayers because I just do not understand what our world is truly coming to and I am very fearful for my children and on that conclusion I must say, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment