Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mad TV(What Happen????)

Okay I was sitting here doing some reading and of course my television surfing to watch old and new programs and because it is currently very damp and a little cold outside, it is one of those days when you want to sit in the house and eat and watch television. This gave me and my daughter a lot of thinking time and something we have thought about for some reason in the last couple of months and have find ourselves quoting are lines from the show that has been long gone and for some unknown reason to us was cancelled a while back is the comedy show Mad TV. Me and my daughter both were big fans of Mad TV and for me after years of watching Saturday Night Live, which I grew to really not like at all and really did not think anything was funny about the show, Mad TV was a breath of fresh air. Mad TV was younger and fresher and had what I thought was some very funny skits and they kept me and my daughters in stitches from laughing so hard at most of the characters that played on the show as well as the lines they did. I found myself forgetting that a Saturday Night Live show existed because Mad TV was coming on Saturday nights as well and it was not a contest for me at all because I was watching Mad TV as Saturday Night Live was old, the story lines they had were not funny and the people on the show were just as corny as a hot dog. One thing I did notice and the only reason this was because I was trying to figure out what was this show they kept calling SNL and to my surprise it was Saturday Night Live trying to revamp themselves, I do not know if it was to compete with Mad TV or what but I also notice that one of the main host was Keenan, a younger personality and I am again not sure if this was to compete with Mad TV or not but I still was not interested because Mad TV had all my attention. I looked forward to Mad TV on late Saturday night and was always making sure my popcorn was ready. One of my most favorite skit that Mad TV did, although I loved all their skits, was the one when they would mark music videos and put their own take on them. The writers of Mad TV were very good at doing their own takes on celebrities and believe you me they were funny. Now I know many celebrities did not appreciate the skits they did but it help us unknown people realize how human celebrities really were and how the things they did were wrong. A lot of what celebrities did were laughed off and looked at as nothing that was really important or nothing worth mentioning about but Mad TV made for of celebrities incidents and it was did in a funny way so you could actually laugh at it. I think Mad TV actually did these celebrities a favor because you could laugh at their faults and they should have appreciated that people were laughing and not actually being disgusted. Some celebrities did think it was funny and even began doing skits on Mad TV themselves making fun of some of these faults. I thought made television was funny and started noticing that apparently a lot of the celebrities thought they were funny as well because they started getting a lot of celebrity appearances and they were starting to be accepted in the celebrity world. Do anyone remember when they would do the skits on the red carpet and try to get celebrities to stop and talk with them, in the beginning none of the celebrities would stop, after some recognition they were getting celebrities waiting to talk to them and even some of the celebrities mention why did they not do a skit on them. I really miss the show and me and my daughter are still quoting things that were said on the show, one of my favorite is sneaky snake, and my daughter loves acting like little Stewie. I don't really know why they took Mad TV of the television anyway but I have my opinion and it is because they were maybe beating SNL in the ratings and some people just were not having this. SNL had been on for years and has a lot of power backing them and for this young show to come out and beat them in ratings was not going for these real powerful people. Now I mean no harm but SNL is out dated, for me the show time is up and the skits they have are just not funny anymore. I do not care how many celebrities SNL gets to come on their show, apparently the writing is outdated which for me means the writers just can not write good story lines anymore. I want Mad TV to come back on, SNL can retire, it has had a long run and we all know eventually every good thing must come to an end and for me SNL has come to and end and I wish someone would realize this and let it go out shining, not let the ratings drop so low that it is posted all over the Internet about how bad the ratings were for the show at the end. Bring Mad TV back and let it have another go at it, give us who stay home late at night doing absolutely nothing something worth looking at on television late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. Saturday Night Live is no longer funny to me and I personally have not watched it for years and I can not imagine who watch this show to keep it going anyway, go to be some people without cable. I believe if they put Mad TV reruns on at the same time as SNL, I think SNL will lose out. Bring Mad TV back please, this is one show I would beg to be brought back, even the younger generation like my eighteen year old daughter misses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment