Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cancer Awarness Month

October is here and it is now cancer awareness month. For me I take this month very seriously and although I myself have not been diagnosis with cancer members of my family especially the female have found to have had cancer. So in effort of my support I went out today in my all pink outfit, including my hat and shoes with breast cancer awareness shoelaces. I really wanted to show my support and as I went into the dollar tree store I found I was not alone. I saw a few women all decked out in their pink in support of this cancer month and no I did not hate on them I actually found myself teary eyed because I was so proud to see how many women went out their way to dress in their pink on the first of October as I did. I am glad to see more people being supportive of this month as I could not believed that I worked with older women who actually told me that they did not go and get check with a doctor as they should for possible cancer cells. I had one woman to even tell me she rather not know if she had it or not. This floored me as I worked in a hospital and watched women and men go through the struggles of dealing with having cancer but what was more important then anything I thought was that they fought it. God gave doctors these tools to help people do what they have to do to try and battle a good fight and some have as they have been in remission for years. Why not do what you have to do instead of making a statement like I rather not know and I live from day to day anyway. Usually a person to me that makes a statement like that does not value life or have any hope that there will actually be a future for their children or grandchildren because who would not like to see their grandchildren or children grow up. To those people I say life to me is worth living and if that means taking on something like chemo than I will do just that because I have children and although they are grown I want to be around to see my grandchildren and be a possible great influence in their life as my grandmother was in mine. I will never forget how much of a great impact my grandmother was on me and how much joy she brought into my life and if she did not fight cancer as she did I might not have had this great opportunity. So yeah to month of October and all these people who support the cancer awareness month by taking to time to do things like wearing their pink, as little of a support it may seem, you are doing a big part to show a great support.  So the next time you are in a store and see something that is pink for sale, go ahead and pick it up, you may just be supporting a great cause, especially in this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment