Wednesday, October 9, 2013

After Earth (The Movie)

Every now and then I like to write what I think of a movie and this movie is one of those because I went to the movie theater and did not know what to expect but my daughter and my sister grandchildren had to watch something that was suitable for all of us. Now after watching the movie I came out of the theater surprisingly having enjoyed the movie. The reason I say surprise is because I was not sure how Will Smith son would do in this role acting along with his father and yet the young man did great. The movie left me with a great feeling and I w surprise that Will judge the movie so harasly saying it was one of the lowest grossed movie he had ever done, this maybe so but I would put that on not enough advertising. The reason I say this is because I did not know myself what to expect of the movie and this was because the previews they showed were unclear and it was not enough information on the movie to make me want to go see it. If you want people to see the movie you have to put more information out there. I think Will Smith thought his name alone would make people come out and see the movie, but Will has to remember that he has been out the game for awhile and people are not sure what to expect from him since he is not doing movies on a regular basis. Now back to the movie, it was great and what I really like about the movie was not only was a science fiction, it was about the relationship between a father and son. Yes a movie about the relationship between a father and his son, something we do not see that often, it showed how a father and son can actually be so divided but so close at the same time. This movie had a son and father who the father was all about his work and did not stay home very much because he was always on these mission to go to Earth which kept him from his family a lot. Upon giving up the missions for good and settling with his wife and son, the father had to take a trip that his son was traveling on and they accidentally crashed leaving only them to alive after they landed on Earth. Earth has now become a very unfriendly place and the boy's father has been seriously hurt as a result of this accident and now the boy has to go on an adventure on the other side of the island to retrieve some very needed material that will help them be rescued. While this boy takes this very dangerous journey alone he is really not alone due to the technology they have allows the father to watch the son step every way and he guides the son through these dangerous attributes that are on Earth. I really enjoyed how the father guided his son very carefully and gave him every advice he needed to be that man on this journey. There was one point in which the father could not see talk to the as he lost vision the voice talking guide technology but he could see his son and the dangers that he had to endure. This father had to watch his son make his very own decisions and you could see the look on the fathers face as he watch his son having to go through these struggles alone with only the knowledge he had learned from his training camp days. The movie to me was very moving and if you have not seen it I suggest you do and if you have children I really recommend it. I think this is really a movie all fathers and sons should watch, because much to often we do not recognize the great relationships some fathers have with their sons or how important it is t have the father and son relationship. At the end of this movie, this father and son learned to understand how strong of a bond their relationship really was, still bring tears to my eyes, because not only was it moving the movie for me was heart felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment