Thursday, October 10, 2013

19 Kids and Counting

Does anyone watch the show 19 kids and counting. I have maybe watch this show a total of six times and each time I watched it I was very confused on this family dynamics. I understand their faith and I understand that there is the belief of no birth control and the belief of the woman being that loyal wife to her husband but what has left me so bewildered is that with all the television and all the technology we have today, why is this wife choosing to pop out baby after, baby, after baby when she knows that a woman's body is not a machine and a body wears out as anything wears out after many years of abuse. I watch one episode when the woman was pregnant again, the baby she lost, and I heard the doctor tell this woman after losing her last baby that she was subject to have issues if she gets pregnant again and that at her age and with the years of abuse to her body, that if she gets pregnant again it is possible that she and the baby could die or one or the other. I listen to this woman with her husband beside her side and those weird looking grins on their faces say that their faith allows them to make a choice and that God has guided them to go on having children. All I can say is Oh My God. God has allowed for some very intelligent people to invent tools that help doctors to help them save lives even before they are in danger. With these great technologies, these doctors can tell us in advance if we are acceptable to diseases, to problems later on in our lives and they can in some cases help doctors to help guide us on the best decisions to make when it comes to improving our health. So when this doctor explained to this woman that she could possibly die and she and her husband said that was a chance they are willing to take, I did not think that these are some very brave people, what I really thought is these are some very selfish people for saying that even though the woman could possibly die along with the little newborn, that they are going to continue because they believe God would want them to. Okay why did I not hear out of this couple mouth that we have a lot to think about and this includes the already 19 kids we have, who believe it or not Mr. and Mrs. Duggar will be affected by this decision. What if Mrs. Duggar dies, how will the children take it, how will they go on and Mr. Duggar what will he do. After watching these episodes I have come to form my own opinion of what Mr. Duggar will do. Mr. Duggar will remarry, right away and he will say this is what Gods wants me to do and the wife will be a younger woman who can have more children. I have come to a conclusion that Mr. Duggar is one of those male chauvinistic pigs that think women should be barefoot and pregnant at all time. What men this day and age other than the ones whom are into themselves, think that a women no matter how old she is should continue to pop out babies even when it means that she could possibly die from it. Why is a the woman's health not on a man's mind, that is in a faith with disbelief of birth control, when it they are told about the wearing the babies is putting on that women's body. What really bothers me the most is that Mrs. Duggar keeps that grin on her face and in that little low timid voice, talks in this soft tone of how she is so happy with her life and how she loves the life her husband has provided for her. Now as a woman, this woman scares the hell out of me. Mrs. Duggar seems to be living in a dream world and she never takes that smile of her face and she acts as if she does not have a worry in the world, that everything is great everyday and that they live a life in a garden of Eden. This woman too me has possibly has a thinking that is 17th century thinking and for young girls that watch the show I am in fear that she could set young girls thinking back a two hundred years. Why was it that every time I tuned into the show, this woman was smiling at the camera and repeating how happy and bless she is. Why do we not see this woman having those days like I know all women with a husband and children have and that is those days when you are stress and you are unsure of what direction you are going in and you have just have a little episode in which you just need to get away from it all and have a little you time to yourself or some adult time with your girlfriends. To me all women who are raising children, especially with as many children Mrs. Duggar is raising, needs that time with just some adult people to get away for a little bit and have adult conversation. It is nothing like going out with your girlfriends for a little dinner and talking about the things you have been going through only to find out that you are not going through it alone. Your girlfriends could possibly talk about situations you are going through and you are not sure how to handle them and they could tell you how they handle that same situation. I can not see this woman being happy being around all of her children twenty four seven and not just have that her time and I know that their life is not always that much smiles and grins. I love the belief in God this family have but I dislike the control the husband has over his wife and his daughters who he has to have a tough noose around their necks, they can have boy friends but they can only visit the girls at their home and they can not hold hands. These daddy really has a tight rope around his family and it scares me in a way because I do no like men who control their family to a point it is rather sickening. Mr. Duggar is almost to me like a self righteous a**, whew this man is one of those men that bring the ugly out me and it always takes me back to women in Iraq still fighting for the right to drive a car in their country because the men say women are not allowed to drive and can be beaten in public for breaking their men rules, not God rules, but men rules that has been set forth for these women that are in their country. I am so hoping that the girls in this family do not think that  they have to live as their mother do and that they are not required by God to pop out lots of babies for their husband because it is their job as a female. Women have rights and one of these great rights we have in this country is to make our own decisions about their our health. If a doctor lets a woman know that her health is in danger from birthing of a child, then that woman should make sensible decision on what is right for her and her family. Why would a woman choose to risk her life and leave other children behind to cry for the absence of their mother. A child who loose a parent is truly affected for the rest of their life. I just did not understand this show and that is why I stopped watching because I could not get it, I watch the younger children having to help the mother clean the house, do laundry and even cook because the mother could not do it alone and one of the children said they resented having doing those chores on a daily basis when they wanted to go outside and play. When I was growing up and I watch my mother working so hard I offered to help her and wanted to get a job but she said to me a kid should be a kid and that I should not worry about her bills but to finish my schooling and go and play and have fun with my friends. This is how I was raised by my mother and I raise my children this way today, other than doing certain chores my children are allowed to be children and focus on their schooling and having their fun time

No comments:

Post a Comment