Sunday, January 5, 2014

Raising Whitley 1-4-14 (#RaisingWhitley)

Season premier of Raising Whitley was back on Own and I was great to see this show make it another season. The season is great and one of the main reason is because Whitley is a woman who never had a child knew nothing of raising a child, but while participating in a charity event met this single mother who apparently took such a liking to Whitley that she entrusted Whitley with her baby boy, although it was a surprise to her. Now Kym Whitley I have to give it to her because she took on the on the task of raising this baby but she also incorporated the help of some very loyal friends and family to help raise him, hence the saying it takes a village to raise a child and believe you me Kym has this village. Now what makes this show so great and worth looking at every week is that the village Kym has incorporated to help her raise her son, who is named Joshua are group that is never without antics. Everyone have really taken on the task of raising Joshua, some a little more than others and everyone wants to decide how Josh is taught from party training to birthday parties, so it makes for a very amusing show to say the least. This season premier that came on last night involved Kym letting Rodney move in with her. Now for all you have not watch the show, Rodney is a ex of Kym's that is one of Joshua's father, yes I said one of them because Kym has two friends that have declared themselves Joshua's father and although Joshua knows both men, he relates more to Rodney as a real father. Rodney Van Johnson is an actor who has been out of worked since he was relieved from the soap opera he played on and he has asked Kym could he move in until he could save money to by a house. Now all of Kym's other friends and her family is in disagreement of Kym letting Rodney move in because they said he would be using Kym as he always does. They said Rodney will pay nothing and do nothing for Kym because they are just friends. Now I understand where everyone is coming from but I also understand where Kym thinking is. Joshua who now the love of Kym's life and means everything to her she feels need a father figure as well as a mother figure, so she is willing to let Rodney who will babysit most of the time be there so Joshua can see, whom he calls dada, on a daily basis. In the meanwhile Kym will set ground rules for Rodney as far as their relationship and how long she expects him to live their. I get it she also has the protection of a men in the house as well, I really do not see anything in my opinion wrong with this. Kym sees Rodney as a real friend, whom has been there for twenty years, so why not help the man to get on his feet. I have had friends or family stay with me until they got themselves together and did not let them pay anything, especially since I knew I could afford it, once they got themselves together they got out and they never forget to this day what I did for them. When you are blessed and God continues to bless you, why not pass it on and bless someone else. Kym is a grown woman with a smart head on her shoulders and she knows exactly what she is doing, when she wants Rodney out she will get him out. As for now I see in future episodes the family and friends will continue to hound Kym about Rodney being in the house with her and to that I say so what. I really do love this show and to the mother who gave Joshua up to Kym, I want to say I hope you are watching this show and know that you can be proud that you gave your son to a home that he is well loved in. Sometimes we can not always raise our children ourselves and for any mother who is willing to admit this and give the child to someone who can instead of later on down the road killing the child gets an A for effort in my book. You can still be proud as a mother because you get to see how your son is being raised and the great support he is receiving. That is why I hope this show has a very long running, because I want to see Joshua grow up into at least a young man, now that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment