Sunday, January 5, 2014

Herlarious 1-4-14 (@Oprah

Has anyone watch Wanda Sykes new show on OWN called Herlarious, well if you have not this program comes on at night on the OWN channel, for me who is on the East Coast it comes on at 10:00pm, and this is mostly because the show involves some adult content. This show is based on women comedian who are trying to make their mark on the comedy world, by doing stand up at the Harpo Studios in Chicago. Well I just show it for the first time last night and I will have to say the show is indeed funny, along with the women comedians coming on stage and doing their little comedy skits, Wanda also have her moment in the spotlight when she do these very funny skits of her own. Most of them are making delightful fun of some of todays television show and because Wanda herself is a real actor, they make for very hilarious skits that you can actually understand where she is going at with them. There are also guest celebrities that show up on the comedy scene as well, on last night show Brooke Shields showed up and what these celebrities do is all in fun, it adds to the already comedy we get to hear from these very funny women comedians who take on the task of standing in front of us and making us laugh. I have to admit I am mad at myself for not watching it sooner because I heard about the show but never took the time to watch it until Kim Whitley's show returned and Herlarious was following it so I actually took the time to look at it and found out I was missing a lot, so of course I stayed up to watch another episode which I thought was past episode but it is saying that last night was the premier, which confused me a little because I thought is said 2013 but maybe I was wrong, anyway both episodes were great. I hope men do not judge the show because it features mostly women comedians. Women comedians just like in most working fields, do not get the opportunity as men to really show their talents and this show allows for that. So thank you Wanda Sykes and Oprah for coming up with such a entertaining show that really gives me something to watch on Saturday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment