Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hillybilly Blood (A Hardscrabble Life)(@DestAmerica)

This is a show on the Destination America channel that I  watched a while back but never really kept up with it or knew what time it came on so I lost basis with it and just recently saw the show again and remember exactly how much I like this show. It is about these brothers, well it based on anyone who lives in the hill of the Appalachian hills but the two brothers Eugene Runcus and Spencer two-dogs Boljack, who has all this knowledge of backwoods survival. I have watched this guys do everything from making back wood diesel wood fuel from pig fat, too rigging up a dirt bike to be a stump cutter. These guys use everything they have learned from their parents and grandparents who learned from their ancestors as well. It is real fascinating to watch these men use their common knowledge of how things work to rig things to help them come up with ways to solve problems. They live off the land and that is how they make it through their daily life. They have the knowledge of the land and its provisions will provide and if you know how to use it this is how you survive. There is no buying all these expensive things and going on all these vacations. They are people who have friends who they will and deal with to get items they need to survive and these items are in return exchange for possible other items. These men are always helping their fellow neighbors, rather it be to survive through the winter or building things needed. This reality show is by far of the best I have seen because it is not how much money you can make or how much more things you can inquire then your neighbor. This show is about living off the land, helping your neighbors in hard time, and making do with what God has given you. I love to see the way these men will and deal with the locals to help them obtain a needed item. I must say that Eugene is one of the most smartest guy I seen in a long time, he has more knowledge than his brother and he is using it to teach his brothers and friends a lot of things. Eugene knowledge astounds me and I like listening to him pass his knowledge on, he has taught me a lot so I know I will continue to keep up when the show comes so I can obtain some of Eugene wealth. If you have not watched this show you should and you will know what I am talking about. It is not like most of the reality shows and how much money you can obtain or spend, it is about the knowledge of the elders from long ago and it being passed. Eugene could be working with the Government helping some of these lost souls work on some top projects, I know he has had to live this life before and he probably choose to go back to the mountains where his heart is, but maybe he could teach some dummies like me how to live off the land. Eugene could be a professional survival trainer, I would take his course.

No comments:

Post a Comment