Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thicker Than Water (#ThickerThanWater)Bravo

I tried to watch thicker than water on Sunday night and could not watch the entire programming. For this show to have a preacher as the star focus, I do not see much loving, understanding or compassion from the Tankard family. What I do see from the Tankard family is judgement, bragging and nose being turned up at others who do not have or do not think as they do. I hear Ben Tankard talks over and over again how he earned his millions and how everyone else should have millions and earn it like him, but because they are not working as hard as he is they are not achieving these millions. I listen to this preacher talk of wealth and how Gods wants you to have this wealth and you are failing God when you don't achieve it. I have to say I disagree with Ben Tankard, God was not a wealth man but he had it all. God gained his followers because he was passionate to his people and put his life on the line for people he believed would do what was right in the world. God did not say that if you become a millionaire you are more likely to be favored in his blessings. God says that if you follow the instructions that he left for you in the Bible and live by it than you are likely to achieve a life of wealth. Why is it that some people are associating life of wealth with money. Some of the poorest people have more than some of the richest people and now I get to stress the movie "Its a Wonderful Life" and what this movie stood for. One of my favorite quotes in the movie was "George the richest man alive". A man who had so little was always giving what he had to help others, not matter what the sacrifice was, this man was ready to make the ultimate sacrifice of his life to save the company he ran. What ended up happening is that this man was richer than he thought because he had friends, family and even strangers willing to come to his side when he needed, not a million dollars. So I am lost in Ben Tankards thinking and am lost as to why his wife Jewel who grew up poor and made mistakes in her younger life is so quick to be judgmental of others. Why is a pastor wife not compassionate to others feelings, but quick to put them down and tell them what they are doing wrong. I see Jewel being so snobbish to people and quick to throw her husband money around by showing others how much she can buy things and pay for items. Sunday I watch Jewel and her sister disrespect Ben's son Marcus on the trip and talked about his wife, they thought it was funny and I did not find it a bit funny on how they laugh about their RV being hormonal because of Marcus pregnant wife. Jewels should have apologize to Marcus wife but she just said a down played sorry to Marcus and laugh it off. Their attitude on having to stop at a camp ground for a rest stop was awful, as they disrespected the guide who tried to give them information on the camp grounds itself. Jewel said she did not think they were being rude, but to snob the place because all they had was pizza and ask for things that was gluten free when you know you are a camp ground made them look like idiots who was trying to be above something like camping. Now when it came to them finally reaching Austin and meeting Jewel's sister Junice, I was not more disappointed in this family then I was when I saw how Ben immediately began attacking Junice husband and questioning him on how he was feeding his children. The table started to get a little heated and Jewel had the audacity to walk out like she was being attacked claiming she was tired of revisiting the same old things, when it was her husband who started it. I was so disguised with this family and the way they acted from the trip to Austin to the snob of people that I turned the television off and went to sleep and that speaks a lot from a person who is a television addict. I have to say that I never met a couple more that I really do not care for as much as I am disliking Ben and Jewel Tankard. The reason being that they both constantly talk about their money, they judge others who do not have as much and all they talk about is how they can buy things and what they have. As for their children I personally do not see them doing anything more exceptional than anyone else children you see doing in the world, they just have Ben Tankard money so they can live in his house free and work when they want. Their son Benji finally moves out with his wife after Ben put down seventy thousand dollars cash to pay for his condo, why do for yourself when dad can do for you. I know he has to pay his dad back but you know his daddy will not kick him out like talking about, so Ben can give his children hand outs to get them started and then judge everyone else when they struggle to make it without daddy's money.  I read Jewel's Bio and other then saying she was the wife of artist Ben Tankard, it said she is a businesswoman, author and evangelist, okay I am sorry I am having issues with the evangelist part, especially with the way she acts toward her fellow human being. I have to say with sincerity that I will not be watching this show any more, I just can not watch people at so judgmental and make money more the center of their life then God, although they pretend God is at the for front of their pillar, I definitely can not tell it. Brooklyn said she was tired of the devil messing with that family as I saw on the commercial, I did not get that far watching. Why would a family with so much money as they constantly talk about and praying as they say they do on a daily basis, have the devil knocking at their door? The devil can not touch your path if you are on a path that is right, so something is really missing in this family and their lives and it shows to a point that the devil feel comfortable enough to come in. I am so glad The Walking Dead comes on at the same time as this show because the walking dead is my first choice, at least you know they are acting. Sorry Tankards but I am not a fan of the ugliness your family is putting forth toward one another. As for Junice I want to say, do you girl and don't let what your sister say, or the judgments they make, stop your happiness. I have to say that Junice was holding her own at the table before I turned it. I was sorry to see that they began making the baby cry, a bunch of grown people making a child cry, how said. I agree with Junice that Jewel is a attention seeker and she always try to make everything that is brought up about her, I guess that is one way she think she will get fame. What every it is with this family it is not working for me, I like the children and how they seem to be honest with themselves, even though their mother and father try to present otherwise. The only things I do not like is Ben and Jewel, they seem to be putting on the pretense of being something they really are not. Why would one family need more than one plane? Maybe the kids alone, like Brookyln, Marcus and Benji with the spouses start their own show without their mother or daddy, I think this will make for better programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment