Saturday, October 25, 2014

Hollywood Divas

I have watched this new show Hollywood Divas, with Paula Jai Parker, Elise Neal, Golden Brooks, Countess Vaughn and Lisa Wu. Now I did not understand why this particular five women would get together to make a reality show until I heard Paula Jai Parker explain she wanted to get women who had Hollywood backgrounds but now find that it is hard to get jobs in the fields that they once flourish in, she wants them to come up with an idea for a movie they as women could make together. Now first after listening to this I thought what a great idea, especially since a lot of these women have not done anything in a while, but then things started to come unrivaled because I was trying to figure out why was Lisa Wu was there, although she says she has a history in writing and why Paula Jai Parker began bringing up things that some of these women have done to her. Paula Jai Parker talked of how Golden Brooks and her friends treated her like dirt at one time and then on the last episode she made a jab at Elise Neal who was suppose to be one of her closes friend. Elise was visibly upset because she said she did not know where this was coming from and the more that I listen to Paula Jai Parker talk to people the more I am understanding that she is more or less creating a situation in which she is trying to have five women who actually will come at one another. She has five women she know will collide with one another and she pick two women to join the group that she personally has beef with, so what is this saying to me. It is saying that Paula has an agenda and that agenda is making a show of celebrities who will show their a**es like some of these reality show people do. She is trying to create entertainment that people will like. Now I know Paula has been out of the lime light for a while and she feels everyone in Hollywood has turned their backs on her because she has fell down on her luck but isn't this stooping a little low to make a show. Does this other women know what she is doing, or is this just part of the plot. I do not know but I do know that one reason I am interested is because I want to know will a real movie come out of this reality show or is the movie just a ploy to get everyone to do this reality show, think about it. Either way, I for some reason have to watch to she what becomes of it and how everyone handles the situation when they find out they are possibly being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment