Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bring Madtv Back!!!!! SNL has run its course

I was watching SNL (Saturday Night Live) the other day and it hit me on how boring the show was and how boring I always thought the show was. Yes the show had some great comedians and they would do their skits that was funny but that was it, usually the rest of the scenes were a bit, shall we say out of date and now looking at it I want to say it is still out of date. When I first found the show Mad TV that came on the same night and around the same time as SNL I fell quickly in like of the show. Mad TV was a newer version of SNL, it was more update and it had some very young, fairly unknown actors who was funny as hel*. This show brought something different to the table and a lot of their skits involved them re-making singers videos, with of course their very own funny version. In a lot of cases these videos were better than the original ones. These young entertainers had me in stiches every time I watched it and I never missed a Saturday watching this show.  I miss the Stewy, played by Michael McDonald who's mother loved calling him a naughty boy as he got into mischief. I missed the Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown skit played by Debra Wilson and Aries Spears, no one could do it like them. I miss the Asia lady who owned nail shop by Alex Borstein, who favorite line was, "he look alike a man". The UPX man who could never slow down and could get your package quicker than anyone round town, Phil Lamarr who also played at hel* of a Michael Jackson not to mention his numerous other roles. Will Sasso was also a performer who played so many roles the list is endless, from Kenny Rogers, to Bill Clinton, to Fred from I Love Lucy and so on. Mo Collins was another on of my favorites who portrayed Cher, Doreen Larkin and again a long list that goes on. There are so many actors that should be named but I think this would make my post a little longer than it should be, but I hope they all know who they are and I am hoping that anyone who enjoyed this show as much as I did remembers also. I have decided to post my opinion that I want the return of Madtv back, SNL has had a long nice run and it of course gets all the celebrities behind it, but this could be the case of Madtv as well if the celebrities got behind it. SNL is out of date and a lot of the celebrities if you ask me do not look like they really enjoy doing the show, it looks to me as if they are being made to do the show as a part of enhancing their careers. Come on people let the SNL go bring the Madtv back, hopefully with the original cast or at least most of the original cast because I know some people have moved on. I feel that Madtv was taken off because it was taking SNL viewers, especially the younger generation who could relate more to Madtv than they could to SNL. With all being said and done SNL has run its course and needs to pass the baton on to Madtv. I for one am putting my hands up for the right to have enjoyable laughter again, instead of that dry sense of humor that SNL puts out that barely makes me laugh. I was one sad puppy when I went to do my regular routine on Saturday night with a big bowl of popcorn ready to watch Madtv only to find out that it had been taken off the air. The sad thing is that although it may have been someone idea to get people to tune back in to SNL I did not tune back in, I just had to look up the old shows of Madtv on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment