Sunday, April 19, 2015

New Girls on the Block (#NewGirlsOnBlock)

Last Sunday  I happen upon the new show New Girls on The Blocj as I was channel surfing, do to the absence of Walking Dead and Housewives of Atlanta just being dead as of lately. Anyway I was very interested because the show  is different and with  Bruce Jenner new transition, it makes for people wanting to know more what transitioning involves.  I found all the transgender on this particular show interesting, most of the admitted to hiding what they felt the should be, there was one called Macy who even went as far as to marry a women when he new is was a lie. I have to say that it is selfish to bring someone in your life when you know its not right, but then when you hear Macy's story you hear he thought some how that marrying a woman would help God help him overcome these feelings.  Now I know to us this sounds crazy but when you are raised in religious family you try and do everything you can to do what is so called right in the mind of the so calked righteous.  Now Macy's wife said she took it very hard but she also took vow with this man and she stood by his side as he went through the transition,  now this had to be rough and I give Sharon all the props for standing by her side but I am with Sharon's family that she needs to legally divorce Macy. Now the question I have with this is when Macy fully became a woman should not the marriage be nulled anyway? One of the next interesting character for me was Jaime and the reasons is that use to be man was in the military,  rather high ranking and while in there he decided he wanted to transition so he wanted to get out, the Army said no so his mother wrote the white house and got him out, now I am one for a mothers love but he chose to go to the military and no one out a gun to his head so I think he should have had to finish his time and then transition.  Why go in the military take a place someone else could have had and then cry you want to get out? I notice that Jaime isa winer and apapparently if he does not get his way he turns the tears on for his mother and she fights his battles, like now she is fighting for him to have the right to compete in the women triathlons. The commissioner along with some others is saying that Jaime has and advantage over the women because of his lack of estrogen levels, wow this is heavy. We do know that men are just naturally stronger than women and Jaime was in the military in which he competed against other man, so in my opinion he would have an advantage.  Now I think Jaime should begin fighting his own battles instead of letting his mom keep doing it, the woman is now living in his mother's basement and on top of that he gir a honorable discharge from the military, how is this fair to people who do their time in the military with crying to mommy to help them get out. So we all know that transgendering is not an easy process because these men who slowly become women will always be looked at cross eyed and judge but there are just some things that brings up a lot of questions in people mind and when they decide todo something that brings up issues with laws, then this just raises more questions in everyone's mind. Robyn who the show was really featured after has an interesting storyline, as his now full time boyfriend was one time his best friend when he was a man. Now there are definitely some unanswered questioned with this couples and their situation but I guess I gave to wait until the reunion to get them answered.  All in all I think the world is ready for this show just like I think the are ready for a show like Sassy and Didi from the Black Ink Creew who are in a lesbian relationship. We can watch how they handle their families unacceptance of this. Good luck to New Girls on Blockm I will be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment