Monday, September 22, 2014

A Walk Among The Tombstones (The Movie)

I watch the movie A Walk Among the Tombstones this past weekend and all I can say is disappointed. Now the movie too me was suppose to follow the taken movie in my opinion, which did very well and was a box office hit. But tombstone, which is definitely not taken, was a slow and somber kind of movie. In the opening the movie started out with a lot of action right away and you are too believe that this is how the entire movie will be, but it is not. The rest of the movie does not follow the opening action, don't get me wrong there are some gruesome parts, like torture to those whom are kidnapped but still you really do not get to say much of this taken place, it is just put in your head with body parts cut up and missing. So the time of the movie was surprising to me as well because you try to relate what the title has to do with the movie throughout the entire movie and you do not find this until the movie ends and even then it did not have much to do with the movie's title, what a bummer. Now Liam Neeson who I love as an actor is who is known for his somber movies did his part as an actor, but the movie plot and the way it was written could not be saved by an actor as good as Liam or any other actor for that matter. I think the movie was written poorly, a lot of action, the sort of action you are looking for was lacking and there was a lot of parts that were cut out, I guess because of the gruesomeness of it all. The movie stayed in a dark atmosphere, although people being kidnapped is nothing to be bright about. It just to me dread at points when there was a lot of talking for long periods of time and not action, and people trying to figure out things before anything really happened. There was a little boy in the movie as well and although it was a good thought on someone part, I really not sure why the little boy was there other than to be in the way and make Liam character look as though he had a heart because of his past act. I am sorry but I did not like the movie and even took a bathroom break and found that I missed nothing. It was a good thing I had food and popcorn because this movie was so long and dragging, I ate every bit of my food, drink both of my drinks and ate all of the popcorn to the end of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment