Saturday, November 8, 2014

Maleficent (The Movie)

Now I am sure this movie had all kinds of reviews and everyone have their opinion on it but I find myself having to talk of a movie if I watched it and it really catches my attention and that is what Maleficent did. I really enjoyed this movie and I did have a small child to watch it with. I decided to watch the movie because I am a big fan of Angelina Jolie and I have always admired her as an actress, none of her movies have every disappointed me. I was actually in tears watching this movie, to she how Maleficent grow up as a very happy child without a worry in the world and grew up to really enjoy this wonderful world with a smile on her face the entire time, had to see the ugliness of this world come out by a few. Maleficent naiveness and trust of all and everything was soon destroyed as her trust was turned to be used against her, tell me I did not cry at this part because yes I did. This movie took me back to my childhood when I was so trusting as a child and had to grow up in a world that I found out was not always to be trusted. It is a hard lesson to learn when you open your heart to people only to be stabbed in it over and over again. The way Maleficent turned for a light of joy to this dark shadow that had to be something that was a force to reckon with, was not exactly all bad to me because it showed how Maleficent, who we must remember was a girl who had to become a woman to role her land, so becoming this strong woman to protect her land and her people was not all bad to me because she was so strong. On the other hand Maleficent had turned her heart cold towards love and beauty. Although Maleficent turned herself to what we saw as this dark shadow it began showing that this was not actually true, as she had a child that came into her life that needed her and from the beginning she protected this child as if she had given birth to the child herself. Oh yes the tears continued to fall. The child who had a curse put on her by Maleficent and could only be removed by a true loves kiss was soon showed to us that true love comes in many different ways, it is not always between just a man and a woman and we all know this to be true. What a beautiful, beautiful version of snow white and Angelina Jolie did a magnificent job, I am sure her kids were really proud of the work their mother did in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment