Friday, December 30, 2016

The Magnificant Seven-Remake (The Movie)

Okay I for one have to say I just saw the movie, yes I am a big fan of westerns, yes it is usually the older western but yes I feel if done right you can remake a good movie. But I have to say in my personal opinion the new magnificent seven was not done well. I am not complaining about the actors as there were some good one in this movie, but I have to say the remake and the way the movie was written was done totally wrong in my opinion. To began with they started with a bunch of poor farmers who were in a small Texas town, yep Texas and this all white farming town had citizens who did not know how to shoot because they were farmers. An all white community in Texas during that time that did not know how to hold a gun, yeah right. That is what I said the plot started off unbeleiveable and who in the world was suppose to believe this when most of the people in Texas including women and children knew how to shot a gun before they could almost walk. Wow, this storyline just go me wanting to know where they were going with it and to my surprise it went where I was just lost. It did a lot of shoot em ups, of course it was the West, but the storylines given to the characters suck in my opinion. No one really had any understanding of these men and who they really were, including Denzel until end of movie and even then I got even more lost because I was confused to as to rather I was watching the magnificent seven or hang em high. Yes I thought I was suppose to watching a black Clint Eastwood when it ended, if this was the case redo a Clint Eastwood movie, although I am unsure if this can be done because Eastwood was a hell of an actor, especially when it came to his Westerns. I watch this man when he first came on the screen in a movie when his was in the American Civil war and landed at this all women institution in which they ended up killing him at the end, well see he fought for the side they were against, it was rather bizarre but I could tell that man was going some where. I sorry but if I was a critic I would have to give the Magnificent Seven movie a two thumbs down. It was slow, suppose to build up to a dramatic overly exciting climax that has you on the edge of your seat anticipating the middle of the story. Instead me and others talked through the movie, talking of how it could have been better and what exactly did they go wrong with this storyline that Denzel Washington could not even catch our attention. We talked and talked and talked as I sat puzzled about what Western we were watching when Denzel reveal who he was and why he had such a grudge against this man trying to take over the town, although I am not sure if Denzel knew before he helped this community or only after this lady told him who the man was and how he destroyed another town that Denzel knew of. I was so confused, it was almost like I needed a translator, but I did not get one and I was just as confused when it went off. Maybe they did not want the movie to out do the original one as the Magnificent Seven was a legend in its own right and who wants to out do a legend, who as an actor would want to remake a legendary movie, when you know people don't look for it to be better. I am one of those people that look for the remake to out do the original. I do not think it takes from the original but I think it adds to what was already great, to show how a acting has grown and technology has helped it to grow. An actor should want to be the greatest and do justice to a great movie by giving it his all. You don't have to act like the original actor, but you have to bring something to the screen that is yours that will make the audience say, damn he did a awesome job, did not think it could be done. You have to show them you are not taking from the old but adding a little something something, do you know what I mean? It is all in taking the audience and acting to a new level people, lets put greatness back into our movies or our kids have nothing to look forward too. Look at the past Christmas, we usually have great movies that come out for Christmas and family memebers like mine would get together for the holidays and pick which movie they would want to see. Well we had nothing to choose from this Christmas they only put out star wars like they wanted everyone to just go to see Star Wars and give it great ratings if that was all the young people had to choose from, which it was. We usually have like four or five having a all out debate on which one would be the best and why we should choose that one to go see first, we would eventually go see them all. So why would the theaters and producers or whomever put out the movie not put any movie during this Christmas that was competitive. I think they had one with Jennifer Lawerence, blah, some space love movie, I guest to give her a good rating also, I don't know what this was all about. Anyway, it sure put a damper on my movie plans for those days I take off during the holidays. Now I its about the summer when all the movies come out and I will be working to cover all the vacation others are taking to got to the beach, which cause me to miss a lot of good movies this past summer, so I just took the time to play catch up on those since they decided not to put any great movies around Christmas like they use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment