Sunday, January 4, 2015

24 The Series (What Happen to Its Props)

I was sitting and thinking about different television series I use to watch and for some reason the show 24 came to mind. This is a show starring Keifer Sutherland who played the infamous Jack Bauer, a real agent for the United States government. Everytime I think of Keifer I smile because I think about the Christmas tree he assaulted in Japan while on one of his short drunk escapades, real cute, if you have not watch the video I suggest you do so it will put a smile on your face. Now back to the show as I was thinking I began to realize that this show really never got its rightful play in television props or recognition. This was a show that had what I call I very first black president, Mr. David Palmer himself, played by Dennis Haysbert who is not only a great actor he played the hell of a president. Regardless of his color David Palmer was a president after any of the people's heart, he fought for the people and did what he thought was in the people of the United States best interest. Now I know that this show went unnoticed by some and a lot of this was because they did have a black president in charge but I give the shows writer all the props for actually looking into what he consider could be a possible future, as he continues to do with a female president they now have starring in the show. The show had things that is ahead of its time and Jack Bauer is a agent that is faced with many adversaries and is always putting his life on the line to save the American people. I myself loved the storyline of the show and enjoyed watching week after week what Jack Bauer was going to get into next and how he would manage to get himself out of it. I was sorry to hear that their were threats put on Dennis Haysbert life just because he played this part and understand that this is a part of the ugliness of our country that sadly will never go away, we can only pray but I never see hatred ending in America, it is just because some feel they are do more than others even though others built this country on their backs if not more than they. Anyway with that being said I was glad the writer did let David Palmer step down as President and walk on with his dignity behind something his wife was wrapped up into, not because President Palmer did something wrong, bravo to the writers. Now I have to also mention the woman who played Sherry Palmer, (Penny Johnson Jerald). This woman who I never really knew but seen her play other small parts I have to say did a phenomenal job as the president's wife, what an actress. I would have to say that the entire show was filled wonderful actors that the show hired, that is what made this show a great television series to me and I am sad to say that the show did not get as many nominations I think it rightly deserved or the props the people who watch television should have gave it. All I have to say to the writers of 24 is that you did a wonderful job and should be proud of yourself for taking this show to the future. 24 was actually scandal before it existed, without all the sexual content of course, just plain good television watching, but of course way ahead of its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment