Wednesday, September 20, 2017

The News Do It Again (Portraying African Americans as only America Can)

Okay we see Hurricane Irma looters and that suck, why the crap would people do this during this time when you should be getting away for your life. It is people with crazy thinking in a world that is at this moment upside down. With this being said the news seem to go in the poor neighborhoods filming people of color to make it look like that these are the only thieves in this country. But yet a man filmed a neighbor who broke into too his house and made the comment he thought he was gone,and it was not a person of color, but yet the news make sure to get people of color doing bad, if this man did not film his neighbor I am sure we would not have known what color he was because the news will either not show it or make it a very low priority. It is so a wonder why others come to this country and is afraid of blacks, especially how the United States News or Press as you would call it portray us to be like in this country, a lot of foreigners, whom they don't really want here come to this country and look down on us with their noses.I had such an incident when I was on a plane and had to sit beside a couple who looked to be middle eastern, the woman was very determined about not sitting beside me and was telling her husband something in her language and to get the stewardess, this woman bug this man who seemed to be calm until the flight attendant came back and they ask if they could sit in two empty seats in front of me where there was a white male passenger sitting. After being given a yes the woman flew into the seat and sat in the middle beside the white male, this white male then excuse himself and came toward the back and sat in the seat along side me. Yes I remain calm through this because I thought to myself I had the entire row to myself, then when the man came along, he made sure to speak before he sat down and I felt good that he acknowledge to me as to gesture it was alright, although I am a child of God and as so I know I am alright through him, no man can put any real fear in my heart as to judge, lie, steal or disrespect me. I just wonder how this woman who was from another country felt when she decided to remove herself and would not even sit down beside me until the flight attendant came back, when this white male got up from beside her and sat along with me, why was she willing to sit along side this man and saw me an African American who just happen to be hoovered in corner, trying to make sure I gave her as much room as possible in respect to her for what was only and hour and a half flight, be so set on not sitting in that seat beside me and again it came to me when listening to news and all the black lives matter protesting that was going on, I know it was how the news in the United States portray us as vengeful, angry an unruly race. These news use airtime to portray us as a people of violence and that is all that we know, it does not tell how we are fight for our rights as we did long ago, it does not like to show how we were hung, beaten and lawfully prosecuted for crimes we did not commit in the past and now that we have a voice we choose to not let this happen again, we as a people will not repeat our past. We as a race will perish from the lack of knowledge and this lack of knowledge comes from not knowing where our history comes from and why we continue to fight so hard not to have our rights taken away from us, we can not let the past continue to be our future. Some like to say that was old it is not happening anymore and that is where that lack of knowledge comes from. I say to all people of color, any race from any country to learn the United States history before you judge what is going on, know why we speak for ourselves as well as other, know why God is our true master in all that we do. Can I get an Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment