Sunday, September 3, 2017

African American in War and Military

I look at television and they are programs I really enjoy but I am not understanding something that is close to my heart, especially since my deceased husband retired from the military and was diagnosed with PTSD. Why in movie after movie, produce by producer after producer with a military standing is not African Americans represented. African Americans in this country were not given a choice of rather they wanted to server or not but yet they were not given the right to vote. They were made to serve in War World II as they were told they were not seen as human enough to make decisions but were seen as human enough to get killed for a country that thought little of them. Then in Vietnam again the African Americans were seen as human enough to fight in a war for American but was not seen as human enough to share the same rest rooms or sit in the front of the bus, or sit at the counters in a restaurant. I heard so many white Americans say that Muhammad Ali was afraid to go to war and back down to serving his country, but Muhammad was more of a man then many to me as I stood up to say, why, why should this man fight your war and I said that literally, your war when his people were being made to walk behind another race and not given the rights as others. You will give this man the right to fight, but not the right and equality to stand along this man in a restaurant, in restroom or on a bus. So with the supposed understanding of today, why does this military movie that show wars of World War I, World War II and Vietnam not show any African American serving as they did in these war, why do they only show the white Americans saving America. I know that is how this country was built, on lies and not truths. America has lied to themselves so long that they are starting to believe that the White Americans built this country, no man of color fought along side of them. So if this is the case, why do we have so many African Americans to say otherwise. Why did someone like my husband who served with pride, had the wounds to prove it, including psychological wounds, and yet he and others who were like him are not recognized in commercials and are not represented in television programs when it comes to celebrating the life of armed force soldiers. We see lots of White Americans and their family, we don't even see biracial Americans being represented, which we know their are a lot, so why is this America, why do you still pretend, put on a show and show the rest of the country that you still are not a melting pot, which those of us who live here know that we are, what are you scared of, what don't you want the rest of the country to know. Why are the producers, like Tom Hanks, Mel Gibsons, Brad Pitt and so on not representing people of color in their movies of military, what are you afraid of, being scrutinized, criticized or low ratings and movie not doing well. Your movie is guaranteed in America not to do well if you put African Americans upfront, is that the answer. I would really like to know the answer to this question, I know this is a touchy subject for White Americans in this country because we the people of color have an idea and we can not be embarrassed anymore then this country embarrasses us already. Some other countries believe are race to be less then and that is because this country have lead them to believe that. I had another race who were assigned seats with me on a plane but yet the lady that sat beside me was so anxious to move she would not sit down in hurry to get her husband to get a hold of the flight attendant to sit in the two seats in front of me beside a white man, once the stewardess gave them permission they hurry up and sat their and this lady was very much satisfied and of course I was happy to have the two seats next to me happy, lot at the positive side,, right, something my God would do. After them sitting down the White American man stood up excuse himself and came to the back with me a sat along side me, as he was sitting he spoke, now although I was enjoying the seats to myself, I on the other hand felt proud, this White American was making a gesture that he stood with me, he had no problem sitting along with me and showing this people from another country that there was not a problem to sit in a seat along with me. So why can't some other White Americans show others it is not a problem with this, why can't some people stand up and say, it may not be the money making thing, but I know it is the right thing. It is what God would want me to do, as Noah id many years ago, when others called him crazy Noah followed the voice of God who told him what his mission was.

No comments:

Post a Comment