Sunday, February 14, 2010

Taylor Swift

I know by now that the entire USA knows who Taylor Swift is. She is the young singer that has come along and won all these awards over stars that have been well into the game of music but yet this young vibrant teenager has out did them all. Everyone was upset when Kayne West stood on stage and embrass this young lady by saying that Beyonce should have won it. Why was so many people upset, it was because this young innocent teenager is what some Americans call the perfect image of a young girl. Taylor is suppose to be what we all in America should strive to raise our children to be. She can do no wrong, because of the long blonde hair, blue eyes and innocent that she seems to be, Taylor swift is America. Is that true is Taylor Swift the sign of the all american girl, you know the image that has been rammed over and over into our heads. Did anyone watch the Academy Awards, I watched it and I liked all the performing stars except for Taylor Swift. Did anyone one watch what I watched, she did not show me that she was this great star that they all made her out to be, her singing and performance was awful and I do mean awful. Some people would say I am being harsh on the girl but that is what happens when everyone make you this person that is so great and perfect, you tend to judge them harder than anyone else because you expect more out of their performance. Also my daughter was in class and they were going to be released early so their teacher decided she would let them listen to some music, what did she decide that all the kids could listen to that would be something innocent, a Taylor Swift CD. My daugther said they were enjoying it then all of a sudden Taylor Swift miss innocent, cursed in her music. Now I do not know about you but I did not think that the girl that these people were making so great could even form a curse word out of her mouth. I thought she was suppose to be a role model for our children, there are people who point this out over and over again to families who may be letting their children listen to her CD not knowing that she curses in it. Now after my daughter came home and told me this I was shocked because I did not know she cursed, I know Taylor is grown but she does have children under age that is listening to her music, the majority of her fans are under age. So what about this music that America carry on about rappers cursing in their music, I would put Taylor Swift in the same boat as them, what is the different then her cursing and other person cursing in their lyrics. I thought about it and there is no difference, if you find one let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment