Sunday, February 7, 2010

60 minutes

I am a big fan of 60 minutes and have to admit I always wanted to do Andy Rooney part when he compare things and makes us wondering what is really true and fiction. I was talking to my husband and as he gets older he complains about forgetting things, which a lot of us do as the years go by. In my husband situation alzheimer runs in his family, mostly it seems to affect the women. So as me and my daughter jokling play around about his condition my husband decides he does not have alzheimer but yet instead he has oldsheimer. After my husband said this I started thinking to myself that is really something doctors and people like myself should think about. Oldsheimer does affect us as we get older when find ourselves not being able to do the things we did when we were young, like math, exercise or even think. As we get older or motor skills are not the same we can not react as quickly as we did when we were young. People began doubting themselves about what they can and can not do. Should doctors look into label people with oldsheimer so we would not feel as bad about getting old or begin thinking that we are different from others who are getting old. I myself remeber hom great I was in math, I was even sent to a statewide championship by my teacher. Now that I have gotten older I find myself lost around math, my daughter needs help and I have to get someone to help her because I am not sure what to do any more. Also people like my older sister make regular visits to her doctor and complains about her aches and pains and get frustrated when the doctor can tell exactly what is wrong with her. I figure if the doctors start labeling people with oldsheimer maybe she would be satisfied that what she has actually have a name. Oldsheimer and not Alzheimer can actually help people understand that they are not losing their minds just losing what they use to know as their age progress. 60minutes should give me a try, I would to discuss things like this with Andy Rooney and we can pick each other minds on things in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment